How safe is your company's data?
With many Small and Medium Sized businesses under estimating the true value of their data, most do not have a backup strategy in place. Those that do have a backup system usually find that it is unreilable and untested. Data can be lost in several ways:
- Hardware Failure (42%) - Drive/Controller/System hardware failure.
- Human Error (31%) - Accidentally deleting, editing or overwriting a data file.
- Malware (7%) - Having a virus scanner isn't enough. If you have an internet connection, you are susceptible to data loss.
- Theft/Sabotage/Hacking/Security Breaches (5%) - Disgruntled (ex) employees or stolen computer/media.
- Lost Data - Misplaced hard drive/CD/DVD/USB Memory Stick/Laptop
- Natural Disasters - Such as fire, flooding or lightning.
- Power Loss - Kicking power cable/shutting down by mistake.
- Software/Firmware - Caused by faulty, buggy or poorly written software.
- Disposal of Old Computers - Data discovered or recovered from old computer systems.
Data loss can ruin a business and leave it unable to continue operating. Not only does data loss prevent you and your employees from doing any work, there is also a risk of being unable to continue operating without the necessary information.
Knowing where to turn
Knowing all the ways data can be lost means we know how to prevent it from happening. With a combination of Onsite and Offsite backups, RAID arrays, Anti-Virus Protection, Firewall and Internet Security and Proactive Monitoring, your data can be secured against data loss. We can provide a backup system based on your budget and requirements. Contact us today on 0117 970 2887 or using our contact form to find out how we can help.